COMMUNICATIONS AND POSTERS
About the registration period
First Call: Papers submitted until March, 31st will be evaluated and receive letters of acceptance (or justifications for refusal) until April 10th. (FINISHED)
Second Call: Papers submitted from April 1st to May 31st will be evaluated and receive letters of acceptance (or justifications for refusal) until June 10th. (FINISHED)
Third Call: Papers submitted from June 10th to June 30th will be evaluated and receive letters of acceptance (or justifications for refusal) until July 10th. (FINISHED)
If you have submitted a paper and have not received a letter of acceptance or justification for refusal within the above time frames, please contact the organizers (e-mail: email@example.com).
About the paper submission form
Submission of papers for participation in the event will be made via the specific form available in each Symposium’s description page. (See list HERE)
The following information will be required to complete the form:
- Institutional affiliation (full name of the institution and acronym)
- Title of the paper in Portuguese and English or Spanish
- Presentation format (communication or poster)
- Abstract in Portuguese
- Abstract in English or Spanish
- Three keywords in Portuguese and English or Spanish
- Presentation language (see working language(s) of each Symposium)
- Link to institutional page
- Contact phone number (first author)
About the presentation formats
Oral communication: for papers with partial or final results. Abstracts should contain from 200 to 300 words and follow the general standards of academic abstracts, explaining objectives, theoretical bases, methodology and results. The communication sessions will last for 90 minutes, organized in groups of four presenters. For each paper, 15 minutes will be available for oral presentation and 5 minutes for discussion. Computers and multimedia projectors will be available.
Poster: for research in early stages or in progress. Papers with partial or final results can also be presented in this format. Abstracts should contain from 100 to 200 words and follow the general standards of academic abstracts, explaining, at least, objectives and theoretical bases. The following dimensions are recommended: width: 0.90 m and height: 1.20 m. The poster must be legible from a distance of at least 2 meters.
Undergraduate students may submit abstracts for both presentation formats as long as they are in co-authorship with a professor.
On the criteria for paper acceptance
Papers submitted for communications and poster presentations will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Is the abstract of the paper submitted clear and objective?
- Is the proposal relevant to the chosen subject area?
- Does it meet the general standards of academic abstracts (i.e., does it show the minimum standards required for presentation of a communication or poster)?
- In the case of communications, does the summary provide evidence (explicit or not) that this research has partial or final results?
About the number of submissions and co-authorship
- Each participant may register up to two papers as first author or co-author.
- All authors and co-authors must register and pay the registration fee.
- Each paper may have up to three authors.
- The presence of all the authors on the day of the presentation is not necessary.
About the Symposiums
The list of Symposiums is available at HERE. If your research is not covered by the Symposiums listed, the Organizing Committee may consider independent proposals.
About payment and registration confirmation
Registration Form and Payment Methods
We suggest that the presentations be saved in PDF format to avoid format problems resulting from different software versions.
Please avoid presentations that need to be accessed via the Internet (Prezi, for example), as we cannot guarantee access during the event.
To avoid inconvenience, we suggest that presentations be saved in more than one media and/or sent to the participant’s own e-mail address.
About the certificates
Certificates will be sent in electronic format after the closing of the event to those who have effectively presented (in case of author(s) of communications and posters) or signed the attendance list (in case of attendees).
For questions about issues not covered in the website, please contact the organizers at: firstname.lastname@example.org