Name of the Program: Cognitive Neuroscience and Behavior
Basic Area: Psychobiology
Evaluation Area: Psychology
The Postgraduate Program, Masters Degree in Cognitive Neuroscience and Behavior (PPgNeC), is located in the Psychology Department of the Center of Human Sciences, Letters and Art from UFPB. The program was created by the Resolução 26/2012 of the Higher Council on Education, Search and Extension (CONSEPE) from Federal University of Paraíba, João Pessoa in June 26th 2012. The Masters Degree was recommended by CAPES (Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel) in February 2013 and was implanted in the first semester of 2013.
The main objectives of the Postgraduate Program are:
1. To capacitate teachers for higher education in the areas that integrate the Cognitive Neurosciences and Psychobiology
2. To graduate researchers and to develop search activities, as well as advanced studies which fulfill the regional and national necessities.
3. To qualify human resources with a wide knowledge in the emerging field of cognitive neurosciences that can act in the areas of psychobiology: basic psychological processes, neuropsychology and psychopharmacology.
4. To promote and to disseminate the scientific production of students and professors
5. To promote innovation and social inclusion, strengthening the link between basic and applied research.
6. To produce knowledge and to educate human resources aimed at the integration of professionals from different areas. The program aims to contribute to the training of human resources in different areas, including: Psychology, Pedagogy, Letters, Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Nursing, Biology, among others that are interested in the study of behavior and cognition.
7. To integrate the graduate with the graduation of the different courses and in particular the Psychology.